We are expecting another surge in homeschooling in the coming weeks. Here’s what you need to know to get started.
- If your child is already registered in a school, give the principal a call and let them know. This helps them organize the kids that remain, and avoids having them call you to ask why your child is absent. After this, you no longer need to speak to the school unless you want to.
- You have 10 days to register as a homeschooled student at the Secure Site for Homeschool Providers at this website. Choose English or French, according to the language you wish to use as a first language at home. There are no eligibility requirements for this. You still need to notify the French school board if you do not have English Eligibilty papers. http://www.education.gouv.qc.ca/en/school-boards/support-and-assistance/homeschooling/
- Log out, then in again, and download the Notice of Intent. Sign this and email it to your school board. You no longer need to have anything to do with the schoolboard again, unless you want to.
- Your learning plan is due within 30 days. There are templates on the ministry site. Take note that many of the sections are optional. You only have to report on English, French, Math, Science and Social Studies
- If you wish to use our services, go to the Package options, and apply for Basic Plus, All in One or Deluxe.
- We will respond as soon as we can, but in the current season, this may take a few weeks. There will be time to meet the 30-day deadline if you apply right away after notifying the ministry.
- There are just a few places available in the Deluxe packages. We hope to be able to offer spaces in the All in One packages to everyone who wants one, but it will be determined by availability. Applications will be processed on a first-come-first served basis. Basic Plus packages are unlimited.
- Please read our Disclaimer