Objective: To build social awareness in order act as a responsible informed citizen – AKA – be nice to everyone, love your neighbor as yourself and do unto others as you would want them to do unto you!
Evaluation – There is no official evaluation of social studies in schools in cycle 1. The content is included generally in the instruction of languages – English or French
- To understand the organization of a society in its territory
- To interpret change in a society and its territory
- To be open to the diversity of societies and their territories
Activites – list 3-4 activites
- Draw pictures showing himself at different places – at home, the park, the mall, the beach
- Learn about important events on the calendar – birthdays, parties, co-op days
- Find your home or other familiar places on Google maps
- Talk about different stages of growth – no teeth, baby teeth, adult teeth, no teeth!
- Talk about groups – friends, family, culture, sports teams
- Talk about different cultures – language, religion, clothing, food
- Talk about art and culture
- Talk about what money is used for – rent, food, car expenses, entertainment, charity
- Pay a visit to the city hall
- Draw rivers, mountains, forests
- Roles of people in his/her world and appropriate behaviour- parents, friends, neighbors, doctors, police, strangers,
- “Forest school” activities
Resources – list 2-3
- Library, park, outdoors,
- Quebec Online School My Wonderful World Book Club (fees involved)
Book List – check my Amazon booklist for other recommendations. Updated regularly. Ask your library or school board to order these.